A car battery is an important component of your vehicle. It provides a way for you to start the engine, recharge the battery and keep your car connected when you're on the road. But just like any other part of your car, a dying car battery can cause problems. Here are five signs that your car battery is dying:
- Trouble starting: When your car won't start, it could be a sign that your battery is dying. If your car is older, it could be time to upgrade to a new one. If it has been sitting for an extended period of time without being used, the battery could be dead.
- Power drain: It's normal for a battery to lose power over time, but if you notice that it drains quickly or keeps running even when the engine isn't on, it could be a sign that your battery is weak and needs to be replaced.
- Signs of corrosion: A weak or dead battery could have other issues as well. If it's corroding or leaking, it needs to be replaced immediately.
- Flicking Headlights: The headlights flicker or go out completely when you turn on the ignition.
- Dimming Interior lights: The lights in your car dim when you turn on the ignition.
If your car battery is dying, it can happen for a number of reasons. The most common reason for this is because you're not properly maintaining the battery. If you've been driving around with a battery that isn't fully charged, it will eventually die. Another cause could be because you have old or faulty electrical components in your car. Finally, if you're using unapproved accessories, such as radar detectors or cell phones while driving, they could also be draining your battery. If any of these things are the case, it's time to get your battery checked out.
Bring your car to Morrison Tire Inc. in Garden Grove, CA right away if you need to replace the battery!